Siouxland Shakedown

Sometimes we abuse our blenders. This section is for stories that include 2 or more venues. Events in this category have no effect on other stories. In other words- what happens here, stays here.
Double Fire
Psionics Millennium

Siouxland Shakedown

Post by Double Fire »

- OOC- This is a closed sim. I'm putting my own characters through the blender for the hell of it. This will officially be my LAST vampire story.
-------

ON

Alpha Signal case file 80505

The windshield wipers chased each other back and forth across the glass. Amanda Matchall sat in the back seat of the rented sedan staring out the window at the rain. Seeing her family again was an emotional event she had not been prepared for. Trying to get them to understand what she was doing with her life was much easier. A smile crossed her lips as she recalled her brother’s reaction when she lit the fire. Jacob had always made fun of her abilities, not seeing what good she could do with them. She enjoyed the fact that he now knew differently. It was a relieving moment for her when a pair had interrupted the family reunion with orders to retrieve Mandy for The Consortium.

“Is this the same storm from two days ago?” The driver asked.

“It can’t be…” His companion said. “Hurricanes aside, it should have dissipated by now.”

Mandy was too much in to her own thoughts and reflections to pay them any mind. Closing her eyes, she slumped down and set her head back to the seat. She let her mind drift back to better days, a time before the Consortium, when things were more secure for her. Her thoughts focused on friendships, lost and severed. She found herself wanting what she had lost, wanting to return to those days before the fighting.

A flash of lightning pulled her from her thoughts. Startled, she caught her breath, sat up and pulled out her cell phone. She instinctively felt that something was wrong with Matt and wanted to know. She flipped open her phone and pulled up his number. She actually hesitated, deciding whether to call him or not. The moment she said yes, she pressed the call button.

There would be a ringing in the dark. Emerging from a location unseen, Groggily Matt would reach out from under the covers to his nightstand, feeling around until the phone was found. Flipping it open, the auto-answer feature kicking in, the room would turn blue from the backlit screen. "Hmm...Hello?"

Mandy held her breath, clenching her free hand into a fist. Her nerves were suddenly so tight, she felt like a strung bow. “Hey Matt…. It’s Mandy.” Her voice sounded faint and distant even to herself.

There was silence at the other end for a moment before the sound of him rolling over in the bed could be heard. "Hey....what's up?" He didn't mind being woken up in the late hour by her.

She closed her eyes and sighed. “We’re inbound and should be at East Coast in about thirty minutes… Matt, I need to see you.” She was hesitant. Her mind betraying her emotions with recalling flashes of all the couples she had known and seen. “I… I need you.”

He'd lay there for a moment, thinking about what to say. "Ok....We'll talk when you get here then?" was really all he could say. That's all they really needed to do was talk. They both knew a good talk would decide how things ended up.

“Right, see you in about thirty then.” She closed the phone and slipped it back into her pocket.

The brief moment of reality settled her mind and brought her back to her senses. Everything felt so uncertain for her. When she told Matt she needed him, to her, she was meaning his friendship if nothing else. She was still new to knowing Torque and the others, uncertainty stood by with history and whether or not there would be a future friendship. She was definitely guarded as to this notion where her feelings were concerned. Having seen her family for the first time since leaving home made her rethink the aspects.

As they road up to the Consortium East Coast House, they found it locked down and being pelted by the storm. The driver used his security pass to alert the system that they were there. Only a few minutes passed when the heavy gate slid upwards and two security officers greeted them.

“What’s going on here?” He leaned out the window with a nod towards the guards.

“Sorry Sir, we have a foot hold situation,” The sergeant said. “No access permitted at the moment.”

“How serious is the situation?” The driver asked.

“Unknown Sir,” He replied.

“Look, I have an agents pulled in for field training; I was told to bring her in.” The driver said.

Mandy noted the guard’s hesitation. She wanted to check in with Torque and yet she felt this growing essence that something was seriously wrong. Reaching for the handle, she popped the door open. She froze when the second agent looked over his shoulder.

“Don’t make any sudden moves.” He whispered.

She nodded and settled back trying to be patient; fatigue was setting in along side the persistent sensation that something was wrong. Pushing the current moment to the back of her mind, she delved into her mind trying to find that essence. There was something there that told her that what was wrong was important, not just to her but others as well. She felt the compulsion to investigate, to explore and learn.

The external alarms and yellow flashing lights interrupted her thoughts. She flinched when the security door slammed down and gasped from the darkness that was broken only by the yellow lights announcing intruders. In the confusion, she was barely aware as the guards let them pass for the parking garage. She walked mindlessly behind the other two in heading up to the main levels. Her mind stayed focused on getting with Torque while making her way to the agent’s residential building. She hesitated at Matt’s door. Part of her wanted to knock, another wanted to leave him be. She raised her hand to know and hesitated yet again.

Choosing to adhere to her instincts, she pulled her hand back and stepped away from the door. She had the understanding that it wasn’t time yet, things needed to unfold before other issues could be resolved. Pivoting on her left heel, Mandy moved down the corridor to her own room.

OFF
Amanda Lynn Matchall
aka Mandy
security class: PSI- 4
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Re: Siouxland Shakedown

Post by Torque »

ON:

Torque set a plate of breakfast sandwiches on the table and took a sip from her coffee as she sat down. She looked across the books, scrolls, and notes to her brother who was absorbed in the information. Crossing her legs, she let her foot snap out and kick him in the shin. As he looked up, grimaced and returned to his work.

“Vortex we’ve been at this for hours, all we’ve learned are the formulas for her spells.” She said.

“If you’re bored, then why don’t you find your partner and go workout?” He asked.

She threw some muffin crumbs at him. “You are absolutely frustrating, you know that?”

He looked down at the crumbs and then up to her, removing his glasses. “Tami, you and your partner have contained what is essentially the find of the century proving the existence of vampires….” He set his pen down and held his hands out. “We know about the existence and continued growth in numbers of psionics, we’ve uncovered the truth of werewolves and werecats, or in scientific and tribal terms the garou and bastet.” He paused, picking up his glass of water and taking a sip. “Little children have been imagining and dreaming of these creatures, or nightmares rather, and for centuries multiple cultures have told stories, handed down from generation to generation about shape shifting men taking the forms of dogs, wolves, cats, and in some places even rats.”

Torque leaned back listening to him, bored out of her mind though not letting on to it. “Are you going to start talking about fairy tales; because if you get on to that dragon kick again, I’m walking?”

He chuckled and returned to his work. “I wasn’t thinking anything of the sort, little sister, nothing of the sort.” Pausing, he glanced to her and then the ceiling. “Although,” He tapped his pen to his lower lip and then pointed it to her. “You have to admit, with certain things coming to light, such as vampires, the notion of dragons existing may not be too far fetched.”

She waded up her napkin and pitched it at him. “You rat, I knew you couldn’t resist.”

They laughed together, enjoying the twin connection for once among their rare moments together. The moment was interrupted by Joe Pierce as he joined them.

“Torque, we need to talk.” He said. His voice was somber and he looked upset. He was hesitant, taking a few slow breaths before continuing. “I have an Alpha signal for you; I need your team to meet with me in my office immediately.”

Torque’s eyes shot up to his, her training practically snapped her into Alpha mode and she stood with a nod. Without a word or looking back, she rushed out heading for her room to change clothes

Moments later, dressed in her black fatigues she made her way to Joe’s office where she found him standing by his desk with files in hand.

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

On:

Osprey and Solaire were completing another round of searching, making sure that all the students had been rounded up and in to the student cafeteria. They were trying to keep the younger students occupied and entertained when both of their implants started flashing the Alpha signal.

Without a word of explanation, Osprey took the child from her lap and set her aside. She joined her friend as they got up from the floor and casually made their way from the cafeteria. Once they were in sub-levels, they bolted for the administration house where they met up with Joe and Torque in his office. There was a moment of silence as they two found a seat.

Joe handed them identical files as the one Torque was reading. Having distributed the files, he leaned against his desk. “Nova will be meeting you at Mid-House then you’ll proceed from there.”

Solaire looked up with curiosity. “Is Double Fire joining us?” She asked. “Another pyrokinetic on the team would boost the odds in our favor.”

Joe nodded and looked to Torque. “She’s your partner so I’ll leave that choice up to you… If you think she’s ready for this type of field work then by all means take her … Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have another meeting to attend.” Joe dismissed them with one final statement. “Kick them back to hell girls.”

The three of them looked like a force not to be challenged, in their black fatigues, as they made their way through the rain to the main building and the lower level parking garage. They loaded some gear bags into a smoky black colored Hummer. Not one word was spoken as they kept their minds on the case in their files and where they were headed.

Torque opted to drive, as she pulled out of the gates, she suddenly slammed on the breaks and stared out at the rain. “He didn’t mention anything about Shalimar!” She looked to her teammates who were baffled from not knowing.

“He must’ve had his reasons.” Osprey said.

Torque nodded in agreement, it wasn’t often that Joe discussed his daughter and only a select few knew of the relationship between him and Shalimar. The two maintained a solid professional relationship for all to see and there were no mentions of their connection on either record. Resolving to agree with Osprey, she moved her foot off the break and back on to the gas pedal.

“Hey, did either of you happen to notice where we’re going?” Solaire spoke up. “Suck City, frikkin Iowa…. I didn’t think anything was there anymore.”

The three of them shared a laugh as they rode through the storm towards the airport. They could see the rages of the unnatural storm. Trees fell to lightning that engulfed them. Power lines behaved like vipers against the crews that tried containing them. Roads were blocked off that led to washed-out bridges. The drive to the airport was not proving to be an easy one.

At one point, Torque was forced to stop as emergency crews pulled back a down line dancing across the main road. In that moment, they heard loud thunderous roars from the sky. Thinking that was unnatural sounding thunder, everyone, even the crewmen stopped to look up. Torque’s mouth gaped open as they witnessed what seemed to be two very large dragons twisting and entwining themselves among the clouds. She shook her head, dismissing the sight and got back into the Hummer. She worked on pushing the image out of her mind as she sped towards the airport. Her brother’s words worked at the back of her mind and she simply dismissed it as a hallucination. They were on their way to an Alpha level mission and nothing could be allowed to deter their directive.

Off
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Nova
Psionics Millennium

Post by Nova »

ON

The plane touched down at the Sioux Gateway Airport, the large DC10 over shadowed the smaller passenger planes it came to rest beside. In the cockpit, Trinity and her husband removed their headsets and left their seats. She moved to the main chamber, her long legs striding across the floor as if she were skating on ice. Reaching the hatchway, she waited until hearing the thump from the mobile stairs, before opening it.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t want a career change to a flight stewardess?”

Her husband came up behind her, slipping hand against her waist. She let him steel a kiss after he grazed his lips against her neck.

“Very funny… I don’t think the Consortium can spare me or any agent during these times.”

He hefted a carry on bag to his shoulder as they walked across the tarmac to the terminal. The area was quiet and sparsely populated considering the early morning hour. Stores and eateries were beginning to open, day shift personnel were taking their posts, and delivery man was dropping off a stack of the Sioux City Journal at the news stand.

The headline article caught her attention and Trinity stopped, picking up the top copy of the local paper. “Eric, take a look at this.”

She turned just right as he looked over her shoulder. The headline article was accompanied by the photos of six teenagers that stretched across the front page in crisp color images. The headline practically jumped off the page to get their attention:

“Suicide Pact: Deaths Declared Bizarre and Unnatural"

“Welcome to midtown America,” Eric quipped. From his hip pocket he produced a dollar for the paper, handing it to the attendant. “Keep the change.”

Trinity was already stepping away, her attention on reading the article. When she felt her husband’s hand on her shoulder, she turned and looked up to him. He smiled softly and brushed the back of his hand to her cheek, catching her tear.

“That’s one thing I love about you, hard assed on the outside, loving and heartfelt on the inside.” He placed his arm around her shoulders and kissed her forehead. “Let’s get something to eat, I’m starving.”

They made their way over to a car rental center and then left the airport in a simple sedan. All the while, Trinity read the article and relayed key information to Eric. Even with him driving she had to finish reading the article, she missed bypassing the Missouri River, seeing the approach of the small city, and even him pulling in to the Perkins parking lot.

She mindlessly popped her door and got out, stepping around the front of the car pausing and leaning on the front end. There was a tone of shock in her voice as she read the final line of the column. “According to police Chief John Frisbee, this incident has prompted him to call on Federal assistance, and this reporter has learned that a special task force has been called in to investigate.”

“How the hell did he learn anything?”

“I don’t know,” She shook her head. “But in a small city like this, some one asking questions might raise more questions.”

“In that case, let’s put this aside for now and enjoy our breakfast.” He took the paper from her, made a quick return to the driver’s door and dropped the paper on the seat. He grabbed the briefcase from the back seat and rejoined her, and then they entered the Perkins together.

OFF
Field Agent: Trinity Demarz
Security Level: PSI-1
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

The meeting lasted the duration of the flight to Sioux City Iowa. Not liking flight, Tami clenched her hands on the arms of her chair as the plane descended to Sioux Gateway Airport. She was completely mystified over how calm and energized her partner was. They were the second DC10 to land at the airport that morning and taxied in shortly after the first one. They had to wait to disembark until the mobile ladder was moved from the first plane to theirs.

As soon as the hatch was opened, Tami was the first person outside and on the tarmac. She dropped to one knee, bracing her fist on the asphalt. She was determined not to let her phobia of flying envelop her. A wave of nausea washed through her and she fought it back, regulating her breathing, focusing her thoughts, and controlling her emotions. ~ You’re a fighter, a demon hunter, don’t let this control you. ~ She thought.

“Hey, are you okay?” Mandy asked.

She nodded, pulling on her resolve; she sat back on her legs. “Yeah, I’m fine,” She turned away to cough then looked back to her partner. “I don’t know how you do it.”

“C’mon partner,” Mandy shrugged with an encouraging smile. “Looks like the other part of the team beat us here.”

“I’ll get the car if the rest of you get the bags and gear.” Osprey volunteered.

“Team, I’ve got Nova on the line,” Solaire stepped to them as Tami stood. “I’m going to fly on ahead, she said to meet us at Perkins.”

“Which one is she at?” Tami asked.

“It’s the one downtown by the arena.” Solaire said. Unfolding her wings, she flapped them twice and floated into the air. In an easy flow, she curved up and outwards. “See you breakfast.”

Tami shook her head, helped with gathering the gear and then led the way into the terminal. She checked in with the rental agency the Consortium held a contract with. She learned that a vehicle was already assigned and waiting for them in the parking garage. The dawn was finally catching up to them. As they reached the car, the three women slid on their sunglasses.

Tami had expected a bright, possibly blinding sunrise coming over the storm front to the east. Instead, as they pulled out of the garage, they were greeted by heavy overcast on the eastern horizon. Tami took a mental note to check on whether it was related to the front or not. For her, things were not adding up. Some points made sense, clicking in to place with other points. Then there were the events that seemed to have connections and yet seemed to have no point to them what so ever.

It was how her mind worked, one of her assets that made her valuable to the Consortium. She was in every sense of the word a hunter. Though her game may be a beast in a sense, it no ordinary hunt. Tami Phosphor had been born to a lineage that she could not deny, that could not be ignored. Both her parents had been gifted with certain abilities. Her father was given the talents and strengths of the hunters. She in turn had inherited the strength, speed, coordination, and healing abilities. Her mother added a new mix to the hunter bloodlines, she had been a Psionic, empowered with the gifts of controlling and manipulating elements with water or liquid based forms. Tami was proud of her heritage, and wanted revenge for the deaths of her parents.

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Brenda Hoss had one challenge in her life that she loved. Having a full set of wings and dealing with the situations that arose from them taught her how to face adversity. She had often encountered children who asked if she was an angel, she had encountered older citizens who thought she was a monster. Neither was true, it was through scientific manipulation, she was a person born with bird like wings.

Despite her given talents, Brenda loved having her wings, she believed people should keep their individuality and nothing made her stand out more than they did. Flying through the air above Sioux City, she felt the way they filtered the air allowing her the manipulation she needed to navigate. She came abreast to a red tailed hawk and they flew together until she realized it was putting her off course. Swooping down across the campus of the community college, she startled many of the incoming faculty and students arriving for the early morning classes.

She flew high, back over campus and as she turned, she got a look at the threatening clouds just visible on the horizon. Something did not feel right to her about it, to her she did not see how a storm on the east coast could be seen that far inland. She wondered how large a storm would have to be for her to be able to see what she saw. Having enough of the tourist flying, the blaring horns, and shouts at her, she sighed and made a turn back towards the small city. She soared above the buildings looking for the place where they were gathering.

Just as she spotted it, she noticed a tan colored sedan pull in to the lot adjacent to the Walgreen’s. The car swung through the lot and found a parking slot across from the door of Perkins. Noticing her team leaving the car, she rejoined them, landing behind Osprey as Torque opened the door. “I hope they got a table and not a booth.”

Osprey flinched and looked over her shoulder with a snarl on her face. Both noticed the smirk on Mandy’s face as she jutted ahead of them to catch up with Torque. “I didn’t mean to sneak up on you guys….. I was serious; I hope they got a table and not a booth because of my wings.”

She paused when the small collection of people in the front area turned from their conversations and looked to her. She shrugged trying to fain innocence. “What…? It’s not like I can take them off.”

The others turned back to their business; an old woman paused, looked her up and down and sneered. “Freak,” She whispered and continued on her way out the door.

Solaire just shook her head and joined the others as they headed to the table towards the back of the dinning area. To her displeasure they were taken to the large corner booth. She did her best to fold down her wings and waited for the others to slide in before taking the left side end of the bench.

“Well Eric, you must feel like the luckiest guy in the restaurant.” Osprey said, nudging her elbow in to his rib. “You’re surrounded by all of us pretty women.”

“Well Jamie, with as extraordinary as you are,” He paused intentionally as he placed an arm around Tami. “I am very happy with the woman of my dreams.”

The women giggled, including Brenda. She accidentally brushed her left wing against Mandy and quickly apologized. Once the food was ordered and introductions were made, they broke the seals on the case file they were assigned. Brenda noticed the lack of surprise from Trinity and Eric until she saw the newspaper article.

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Post by Enforcer »

ON

The last thing she wanted was to be bothered, by anyone, especially the over confident and ignorant reporter from the local newspaper who’d been pestering her. Moving covertly among the shadows of the underside of Briarcliff University, Dr. Delta Baron of the Archeology Department was in a rush to avoid the sun. She had her reasons for scheduling her classes at night, the same as for why she took no visitors at her home and refused interviews with a reporter. It didn’t matter to her whether it was a national news anchor or some Mid-American city reporter, she did not do interviews.

Though there was cloud coverage, the sun was beginning to rise and she had stayed later than planned, working on her latest project. Things were certainly easier for her in Iowa compared to Florida, where there is no underground, especially in the Tampa Bay Area. As much as she loved the night life, getting away from that blasted sun was too complicated.

Here, once she hit the right hatch or the right passage, she could simply drop to the “Old City” an underground sanctuary for her kind. She enjoyed the area, walking the red brick roads as others noticed and stepped aside. She was more than an Archeologist, more than a neonate Brujah, she was considered True Brujah and her sire was known as one of the greats.

Alexander Stonagar was revered among their clan, and feared by those on the outside. It was because of him, his former ghoul and very much the natural daughter he wished he’d had during his mortal days; Delta Baron was able to maintain herself and her status among clan, kind, and mortals.

As she moved this morning, among the shops and arcades of the “Old City” beneath Sioux City, she was on an agenda. An old servant ghoul of her Sire’s had delivered a message that her Sire summoned her. And his timing was perfect as she had needed to leave her academic office or face the sun.

She strode down the main road, her black leather boots clopping along as she moved. Her dark blue jeans and black form fitting leather vest contrasted her position as a university professor. She slid on her Harley Davidson jacket in a single motion then flipped out her ray ban sunglasses to cover her eyes.

The summons note she had received bore bad news and it pissed her off. She was one of an elite line in her clan and she was bound and determined to keep things clean. As a neonate herself, the last thing she was going to tolerate was some upstart neonate screwing things up. While Alexander had laid claim and gone unchallenged in his position of prince allowing him certain generosities, he favored his coterie and clan above all and Delta far more than them. She had been granted certain liberties, among which was toasting any snot nosed neonate that threatened their way of life.

Among their kind, she had become known not as the Prince’s Enforcer of Old City and the Scourge of Sioux City. She enjoyed these titles and the status, a simple turn of her head to some one gained their departure. She had the blood of many kindred on her hands though not one single soul had been diablerized. Even if she wanted to she saw no point as the majority of those she rendered were of generations below her own.

Approaching an archway, she stepped up to its door, running her hand over the etched marking of her clan’s symbol. She had learned well how the True Line did well to blend itself with the other brand to hide its numbers. Pushing the door open rang the small bell above. She removed her sunglasses as she stepped inside and spoke. “Father, you called for me?”

“Yes my child, come hither, I have something for you.” Alexander beckoned her with a slow motion of his hand.

Letting the door close behind her, she stepped to his side to see the local newspaper unfold in his hands. When he held it up to her, she took it in hand and read the article. “Do we know who was responsible for this violation of the traditions?”

“We do indeed; his sire has already relinquished rites to him… And I have declared him marked.”

A sly smile crept across her face as she looked to him. “Mark not hunted…? Then am I to take him out?”

He nodded slowly, a sinister expression reflecting in his eyes. “Be warned though, we believe the consortium has sent in a task force to hunt as well.”

“An incident this large would certainly catch their attention,” She looked over the faces of the six victims, noting that two of them were students from her classes. Then she noticed the name of the reporter responsible for the article. “Awe crap… The little snot ball weasel.” She threw the paper to the table and folded her arms. “Am I going to have to deal with that bastard?”

“Deal with him as you wish,” Alexander said. Then he raised a finger. “Although, the timing would be poor if something were too occurred to him any time soon.”

She nodded in understanding, she grumbled to herself from knowing that the reporter would continue to be a conflict in her situation for the moment. Before she chose to focus on her assignment, she took up her pack and withdrew a slim box. “While I’m tending to them, I have gathered this much for you on our research project.” She stepped back, gripping her hands behind her. “I believe I have found the evidence of Enoch."

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

The problem isn't when someone decides to shoot me.
It's when that idiot decides to get up close and personal
-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

The team moved their gathering to the Days Inn hotel on Singing hills Boulevard. While Double Fire made a B-line for the Wal-Mart Jamie took to the roof, she set perimeter detectors along the edges. She set the final piece in the very center of the roof. Switching it on ignited an invisible surveillance shield. Jamie stepped back from it and tapped her ear-com. “Osprey to Solaire, sensors are in place and activated.”

“Copy that Osprey, monitors acknowledged, system’s working pretty good.”

Being on the roof gave her a sense of deja’vu and a foreboding sensation caused her to turn and look over her shoulder. She raised her binoculars to view the Eastern horizon, the darkness was burned off by the day and she saw only clear skies. She thought of the others, their friends coveted by the mysterious storm brewing on the coast. The desire was to be there, to divulge the truth behind the storm and fight what her instincts whispered was coming. Jamie disliked having been called out of what she believed was the heart of the next evil approaching.

Hearing the squawk of her osprey companion she held her arm up, crooked and ready as a perch for him. Othello lighted to her arm, flapping his wings as he settled. Jamie lowered her arm, holding it before her so they faced each other with their eyes level. She stared hard into his eyes, focusing on the images he carried with him.

They communicated in a way that was unlike the spoken words, not even like other telepathic connections. They communicated by emotions and imagery, it was a simple and pure understanding between them. She could feel his wild, unbound spirit aside the instinctive devotion he held for her, his bound companion. She understood their differences and knew he understood them as well.

Othello gave her images of the small city, paths and passages too small for a vehicle. There were advantage points only a bird could gain, and disadvantages to deter the hunter, and ways in between that the able and determined could concur. She was shown the quickest route to the destination, the college campus their assignment had designated. It wasn’t much larger than the Consortiums campus with its seven buildings. She wondered what type of curriculum Briarcliff held for its students. It seemed like such a normal thought that she almost laughed. Her life was so far from the status of what was considered normal.

Catching a light gust, she glided to the ground and landed smoothly on her feet. She met up with an elderly couple as they crossed the parking lot.

“See Stan, I told you people were falling from the sky.” The woman said.

“Yes Dear.” The man said.

Jamie chuckled over the sweet old couple as she returned to the room she was sharing with Solaire. Entering the room, she urged Othello onto his perching stand. Sitting on her bed she dropped back to lying down. “This sucks rocks!”

“What’s your problem?” Solaire asked. She looked up from the laptop on the small dinning table.

Jamie looked over to her and Torque. “I’m still not sure why they wanted me on this one… I’m not a vampire hunter.”

“You are on this round,” Eric said. He entered the room with Double Fire in tow, both dropping several Wal-Mart bags on the floor. He stepped around the newest agent of the group and closed the door.

“Says you,” Sneering, Jamie rolled on to her side, propping her head up in her hand. “Clue us in Torque, why did they pick us for this one?”

She watched her friend get up from the table and move to the bags, kneeling.

“You’ve got me… As far as I’m concerned, Double Fire and I are the lead team and ya’ll are back-up.”

“Back-up my ass, we’ve always been a team on projects.” Jamie retorted.

She caught the smile Torque flashed to Double Fire then turned on her. “Then you just answered your own question.”

“Smart ass,” Jamie pushed off from the bed and stormed out of the room. The situation was upsetting her; it was the last place she wanted to be. Even though they had just arrived, she disliked small cities and towns, it made her stir-crazy. She wanted out, to get things done; still the team had a long standing vow not to sacrifice the quality of their work for personal issues. They would get things done quickly and proficiently and leave in a short a time as possible.

As Othello joined her outside, Jamie tapped her ear-com. “Team, I’m on recon, making myself useful.”

“Understood,” Torque replied. “Keep us posted.”

“Will do… Osprey out,” She took to the air, flying just above traffic level with Othello by her side. They traveled the path he had shown her during his own surveillance.

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Double Fire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Double Fire »

ON

Between her, Torque and Eric, they unloaded the Wal-Mart bags, lining everything up neatly on the first bed. Mandy began breaking the items out of their perspective packaging, looping up the ropes, sectioning the wooden pellets from the sticks, and setting aside the other items. The last bag she emptied held a change of clothes for herself.

“Kind of looks like you’re going to war.” Eric said.

“With vampires it’s always war.” Torque said.

Mandy left her new clothes stacked neatly on the pillow and stepped over to the table. She investigated the KTIV website for local weather and news while listening to the others talking. Finding inconsistencies in reports she went to the one website she believed she could trust. Connecting to the Civil Air Patrol site greeted her with an over view and satellite imagery of the East coast storm. Subconsciously whistling, she shook her head and moved to the local pages.

“Guys, sunset’s at seven twenty nine,” She glanced briefly at her watch. “That gives us roughly nine hours before going in."

“Head back to our room and hit the sheets.” Torque ordered.

Mandy wasn’t going to argue, she was more than ready for some horizontal time. Leaving the computer, she bagged up her clothes, accepted the key card from Torque and left for their room. Not taking the time to remove her clothes, Mandy dropped on to one of the beds and kicked off her shoes. She curled under the covers, grabbed a pillow and hugged it as she crashed to sleep. The instant her head hit the pillow she was out.

Her dreams were shrouded in a blurry mist; she could barely make out images until they came close to view. Her mind reflecting on recent events and her own voice echoed in her mind. “What is it…? I don’t understand you.”

Her dreams brought forth Matt standing at odds with her. A blanket of guilt set in followed by confusion, she had not wanted to hurt him though the potential was there. She felt a decision needed to be made for both their benefit to save emotions and friendships. He was far too important to her to risk losing.

The images and sensations were disrupted by the intrusions, plaguing her sleep with dreams of confusion, conflict, and negative emotions. She tried to focus, to take hold and contain the dreams like she had been taught by her childhood sensei. It was like grasping at straws, nothing she tried worked until she tried reaching for her memories of Snow Leopard.

She was frequently overwhelmed with the anguish of losing her mentor and it was reflected in her dreams, quite often over dominating anything else in her dreams. Just as she had that sensation of Snow’s comforting arms around her, she snapped awake. Bolting upright with her hand to her throat, she gasped and wheezed, feeling as if her breathing had been severed.

OFF
Amanda Lynn Matchall
aka Mandy
security class: PSI- 4
Nova
Psionics Millennium

Post by Nova »

ON

Trinity sat up from the bed pulling on her tank top while Eric sat up against the headboard with his pillow between for comfort. Trinity leaned forward, grabbed her cigarettes and pulled one from the pack then tossed the pack to Eric. Looking at the stiffly packed flammable item, she hesitated and then crushed it into her fist.

“You’re finally going to quit?” He asked. Setting the pack on the nightstand, he pulled the sheets up to cover his manly member.

“I’ve only smoked in serious situations… Not being sure of an assignment is a serious situation.” She looked to him an intentional tone.

“So, you’re nervous?” He asked. Reaching up, he took the cigarette away from her, tossing it to the floor before she could light it. “That’s no excuse for picking up that nasty habit again.”

“How can you be so calm about this?” She asked. Her eyes glared at him as she reached for the pack and he snatched it away. She wanted a cigarette, was accustomed to having one after they had sex and yet now, she was hesitant. “All we have so far is that news article and a few reports from the locals.”

“And there’s still a few hours to go before zero hour,” He reminded. He pitched the pack over her head sending it across the room. “I’m sure there’ll be more information to come when the time is right.”

“Your blind faith in this organization is nerve wracking.” She growled. She made a move to go after the cigarettes when she felt his arms grasp around her waist and pull her back to the bed. She fell with her head hitting the mattress. She looked up to him as he straddled her and pinned down her arms.

“You know my dear wife; I would expect this attitude from Osprey and maybe, possibly from Torque’s new partner but certainly not you.”

“Eric, I have my reasons… I don’t want to be here anymore than Osprey does.”

“That’s not like you,” He moved off her to pull on his briefs and slacks. He knelt down and retrieved the cigarette pack, holding it up as he crushed it. “You haven’t smoked in years and suddenly you’re buying a pack.” Throwing the package into the trash he returned to the bed. “Trinity, you’re not acting like yourself….” He ran his fingers through her hair. “Sweetheart, what’s going on with you?”

“I’m not even sure I want that smoke,” She looked away from him, wondering if the time was right to give him the news. She pulled on his uniform shirt and securing the lowest button, she stepped over to the window. Staring out to the sparse activity, she folded her arms then leaned back as she felt his arms wrap around her. “There’s something about this Alpha case that scares me.”

“Talk to me,” He whispered. “Tell me what’s going on.”

She looked down; brushing her hands over her stomach then faced him, looking up to his eyes. Taking a deep breath, she slowly released it nervously. “You know that thing we keep talking about, the one thing you said you make things perfect and worth all the choices we’ve made?”

She saw the flash of confusion in his eyes that quickly turned to excitement.

“Are you telling me…?” He placed a hand gently over hers on her stomach. “And we just…. Are you okay…? How long have you known?”

“The doctor says I’m fine, and sees no reason why we can’t continue a normal sex life.” She knew she was blushing, she couldn’t help it. Eric’s excitement was contagious and the news was something they had both been wanting for several years. “I’m only a few weeks and I’ve known only a few days.”

With a gentle embrace, he lifted her off the floor then released her, cupping his hands to her neck with a kiss. “Have I told you how much I love you?”

“Not including the moments of passion?” She asked.

They laughed together, kissed and returned to the bed for snuggling. Trinity practically melted to his affections getting lost with the impending event now in the open.

OFF
Field Agent: Trinity Demarz
Security Level: PSI-1