The RPG Organization

Arenas
It is currently July 27th, 2017, 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Archives Project
PostPosted: July 12th, 2014, 7:32 pm 
Super Mod

7:31pm

After taking a break I got back to work on Beginnings: Homecomings. I got more progress done than I had anticipated. It feels good to make a break through and eliminate the clones. I have completed and merged the posts from 1 to 30. I still have posts 31 to 39. Each one has 8 copies. When this is finished, the next step is editing. There's nothing serious to edit, although, there are a few things here and there that need to be tweaked to make sense.

On another note- I'm back to debating about how repost to the forum- each individual post vs. a link to a page on the site.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2014, 6:17 pm 
Super Mod

6:14pm

Posts 31 ans 32 are done. And I'm done for the day. I plan to work on # 33, hopefully # 34, tomorrow.

PostPosted: July 14th, 2014, 6:28 pm 
Super Mod

I had hoped to get through posts 33 & 34 today. I achieved this goal as well as posts 35, 36, and 37. The final 2 are pretty long. Post 38 has 8 pages and post 39 has 11 pages. With each having 8 copies I may break up the comparisons. My goal is to have the clones deleted by the end of the week.

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 5:56 pm 
Super Mod

9:57am

So much for breaking up the clone comparison. Soon after getting up this morning (about 8am) I started working on the project again. Right now, I am halfway through comparing and deleting the clones of post # 38. I imagine that it may take me another hour to an hour and a half or so to complete this 'round'.

I have decided that once I'm done with this part of the project, I'm going to let the story 'rest' and work on another project. The current pressing ones are Psionics M 'Return' and Lesson # 7 with Long Ridge Writers Group.

12:12pm

Okay, so it took me longer than expected. I did take a short break to get munchies and a few other things. Still, I've finished the comparing and deleting of the clones for post # 38. Now, it looks like I'll be able to get through the copies of post # 39 by the end of tonight.

5:43pm DONE!!!!

I have finished with comparing and deleting the clone files of Psionics: Beginnings Homecomings.

Along the way I did make some edits. However, phase 2 'the editing stage' will be put on hold for a while. I'm going to set this one aside so that I can focus on "Return' and my Long Ridge Assignment.

Current Stats: Psi-B Homecomings

file size: 387 kb

page count: 188

word count: 59,813