Siouxland Shakedown

Sometimes we abuse our blenders. This section is for stories that include 2 or more venues. Events in this category have no effect on other stories. In other words- what happens here, stays here.
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Re: Siouxland Shakedown

Post by Torque »

ON

The two vehicles pulled to a stop with their headlights trained on the old abandoned barn. Torque was the first to step out and approach the rundown structure. She pulled the cell phone from her hip and made a call.

“Solaire, go ahead,”

“What’re we looking at security wise?”

“I’ve seen a couple of shadows moving around, watch your backs down there.”

“Right, same goes for you,” She returned the phone to her hip and turned around as Osprey landed and the others gathered together. “All right, we’ve got shadows wandering around so everyone partner up and keep an eye on each other, Barnes I want you with me.” She took complete charge of the situation. Stepping up to Casey she met his eyes. “Can you tell us how this is going to work out?”

He shook his head. “All I see is darkness.” He looked passed her to the barn then set his hand on her shoulder. It only took a brief second for him to flinch back as if from being shocked. “I’m going in with you; you’re going to need my telekinesis.”

Wanting to level their team, Torque reached for her phone again, and he gripped her wrist, shaking his head again.

“She has her own fight to deal with.”

“At least let me warn her…” Before she finished speaking, they heard a loud crash, a screeching sound and several other noises from the old main house. “Well, forget that idea.”

“Torque, it’s her,” Jamie nodded towards the barn where a shadow emerged.

“Are you going to stand there all night plotting or are we going to do this?” Delta approached the group hefting a shot gun over her shoulder.

“Just what does a vampire need with a rifle?” Barnes asked.

“Helps take out the ghouls.” Delta sneered.

“Let’s get this over with,” Tami killed the lights to her car, pocketed the keys and brushed against Delta as she passed. “I want to be headed back East by dawn."

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Brenda snapped her phone shut and decided it was time rejoin the team. Unfortunately, some one else had other plans for her. As she stood and flapped her wings, intending to take flight, some one lunged out of the darkness and collided with her. Colliding with her, his arm wrapped around her waist. They fell together through the roof, down the second floor and in the struggle, rolled one over the other down the weak stairwell.

Standing in the kitchen, she removed her visor and scanned the area with her ultraviolet vision. Trying to locate her assailant, she moved carefully around the counters and dilapidated table. “I know you’re here so you might as well come out.”

“Pretty birdie, can she sing?” The small, childlike voice asked.

Swerving around, she just caught site of the movement going down the basement stairs. Stepping to the entrance, she braced her hands on the door frame and began expelling a long wind chilling the air. She aimed her breath downwards, hoping to offset the beast. When she heard him yelp followed by a thump, thud, and crash, she stepped back with a smirk. Then she let out her own yelp when some one shoved her from behind.

Landing with a crash, she felt the pain shoot through her wings. She groaned and rolled to her side.

“Pretty birdie, can she fly?” The voice asked again.

“What the hell is this?” She grimaced and moved slowly, feeling the grotesque slime which she had landed in. Groaning and moving carefully, the goop seemed to cover her with each movement.

There was that annoying voice again, sounding off in a sing song tone that grated her nerves. She stumbled, cringed, and cursed. “When I get out of this,” She clenched her fist before raising her voice. “You’re a dead man!”

“Can’t kill what’s already dead.” The voice sang.

“Oh great, what is this, psycho vamps are us?”

A distorted face appeared from the darkness, she could smell the death and decay the vampire exuded, as if fresh from the grave. “Welcome to my haven, come in, come in said the spider to the fly…. What is your dysfunction today Mr. Murray?”

“Oh shut up already.” She hit him with a blast of ice cold air, intense enough to freeze the goop as well which she shattered free of. In getting up, she gave a swift kick out, shattering the vampire. “You better not come back."

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Enforcer
Psionics Millennium

Post by Enforcer »

ON

Delta waited in the darkness, watching as the team dropped down the opening to the underground level. She hushed the ghoul crouched down at her side. Her plan was working and would continue to as long as he kept quiet. She popped him on top of his head then moved from her position.

“Do you think she’s down here?” Casey asked.

“Oh, I’m sure she is.” Torque said.

She listened to their conversation, calculating the situation to determine the best time to make the selected moves. Beams from their flashlights broke the darkness, panning around to discern the conditions of the area. “Why don’t you turn them off?” Delta stepped forward, as one scanned in her direction. Her sunglasses covered her eyes from the harsh artificial lighting. “I think you’ll find that there’s nothing down here.”

“And why should we trust you?” Barnes asked.

“Because, she’s in control of the situation,” Torque turned off her flashlight and tossed it aside. “Am I right? You’re the one behind all of this.”

Delta chuckled deeply and slowly, with a sense of distorted satisfaction. “Are you just now figuring this out?”

“Oh, you’re good… but as usual with your kind, you underestimated me.”

“I think that you’ll find that it is you who has underestimated us.” With a snap of her finger, six vampiric beings dropped from the rafters surrounding the team.

“Um, Torque, maybe we should’ve recalled Nova and Double Fire.” Osprey said.

“Stay with me gang and whatever you do, don’t panic.” Torque said.

Delta laughed. “Oh don’t worry, they won’t move unless I say.” She stepped around them, found the flashlight and scooped it up. Flicking it on, she stood toe to toe with Torque. “So tell me great hunter… Unravel the mystery for us all.”

“Let’s start with the fact that the reporter had too many details for the article, just enough to raise some red flags with the Consortium. The tidbit on a special task force was a bit too obvious considering it was the article the tipped us off.”

“And still you walked right in to the web.” Delta snapped her fingers again, stepping back and turning off the flashlight as several over head lamps clicked on.

“Wait a minute,” Barnes spoke up. “That article was a plant?”

“Oh, give the Sergeant a medal.” Delta quipped as she clapped slowly. “Now, let the slayer finish her report.”

“Careful Brujah, your arrogance is showing.” Torque sneered.

“I said finish!” Delta growled, raking her nails against the wood pillar. She wanted to make sure her prey knew exactly why they were there, and what had caused their deaths by the time she was done with them.

“Your biggest mistake was that you didn’t know the blood cleansing ritual.”

“The what?” Barnes, Osprey, Casey, and James spoke at the same time.

“Double Fire sent me the details, there were too many inconsistencies,” Torque explained. She met Delta’s eyes with defiance. “You see, my partner, absconded with a precious collection from one of your Tremere counterparts, she pieced that tidbit together from the leaches books.”

“Ah yes, the little fire bug who couldn’t hold her own in the alley.” Delta crooned. She perched herself on a stack of old wooden crates, crossing one leg over the other. “How are your pyrokinetics? I noticed both of them are distinctively absent.”

“Why don’t I call my brother and tell him to bring one of them?” Torque asked. She made a move towards her, only to have a ghoul step in her way. “He’s a teleport and can be here in a flash.”

Delta launched off the crate right back to standing in front of her. “What is this, you freaks are breeding and spreading like a cancer?”

“You’re the only cancer I know of.” Torque sneered. “You used those kids, not evening knowing for certain who the Consortium would send… This entire scenario was nothing but a gamble…. You even went to the extent of copycat multiple homicides, trying to make it look like a ritual and failing miserably.”

Delta stepped up to her. “I told you when we first met, you’re in my town, cross me and you’ll regret.”

“That’s just it…. You set things up for us to cross you.”

Delta swiped her hand across Torque’s face, gloated in her own right to see the blood spill from the wounds. She could feel her tolerance slipping. She had indeed underestimated the psionic as her sire had warned her. Holding her hand behind her back, she clenched it into a fist ready to unleash on her again.

OFF
Athena Delta Baron
Just here for the fun

The problem isn't when someone decides to shoot me.
It's when that idiot decides to get up close and personal
-Ath
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

Not liking what was happening, when Delta struck Torque, Jamie stepped forward as she drew on her own energies to form her psionic daggers. She wasn’t quite sure what she was going to do, she just felt the need to do something.

Torque’s arms flew up with her hand out flat. “Let me handle this one.”

Jamie knew the firmness in her friend’s voice all too well. She bayed down, stepped back and extinguishing her weapons. “I say we take them all out and be home by sunrise, New York time.”

Torque looked over her shoulder with clear annoyance in her eyes. “Would you let me handle this?” She turned back to the leach. “Well, you heard my friend; she’s got a date with a sunrise on the East Coast.”

“And I don’t plan on missing it.” Jamie snapped.

“You see,” Torque held her hands to her side, keeping a smooth calmness about her. “Once she’s made up her mind there’s no changing it.”

Jamie took a stance beside her friend, ready at the moments chance to ignite her psionic weaponry again. Her thoughts were on creating a large sword. “I knew something was wonky the moment we stepped into that alley.” She could feel the energy tingle at her finger tips. “How the hell did you know my name?”

When the leach refused to answer, just standing there acting like she had the control of the situation, Jamie wanted to pelt her. Instead, she looked up at the screeching sounds from Othello who swooped down from the rafters and back up the large hole and out of the barn. Jamie keyed into him with their shared sensory link. He showed her the visions of Solaire by the SUV as he settled on its roof.

Jamie opened her eyes, glanced over her shoulders at the others and finally Torque. As usual, by mere happenstance, they held an unseen advantage.

“Casey, about that darkness you mentioned… When exactly did that happen?” Torque asked.

“Uh… oh that darkness,” It seemed to take him a moment to clue into what she meant. “Right about….. NOW!” Just as he shouted, he lashed out with his telekinesis and shattered every light bulb and flashlight in the cellar.

The sparks of Osprey’s psionic sword broke through, snapping and crackling as it came to life. The howls of three vampires followed and faded quickly as she swung and sliced them in half. She caught one at the waist, one diagonally, and the third was decapitated and his head went flying. The fight was over quickly and when things settled down, Jamie used her energy sword for light to see that Torque had Delta pinned in a sleeper hold.

OFF
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom
Torque
Psionics Millennium

Post by Torque »

ON

Tami used the moment to make her move. As tiring as it was, the classic moved worked every time. She snapped forward, lunging at Delta. She felt her foot impact with the beam which she pushed off from, back flipped through the air to come up with her hand on Delta’s throat forcing her against the wall as the light from the sword ignited the area.

She could feel her fury welling inside her; she hated vampires with a vengeance and wanted nothing more than to free the world of what she considered a contagion. Seeing the mocking glare in Delta’s deep haunting eyes only angered her more. She pulled a smooth sanded stake from her belt and held it against the vampire’s chest. With just enough pressure, she drew it downwards and stopped where the heart should have been. “Tell your soldiers to back off.” She growled.

“You’re weak…” Delta glowered. “Even now with this wood touching my threshold, you can’t help but think of the others… Your friends and the whelp will be your downfall.”

“That whelp is my partner,” She grasped Delta’s hair pulling hard to force her head back as she drove the stake hard and deep into her prey’s chest. “Rest in peace, leach.”

Backing away, she jerked up her arm as another vampire made a move towards her. The wooden spike attached to her arm pierced its torso and he exploded in to dust without her even looking to him. Delta’s deep laughter filled the air as her body shriveled and appeared to dry up, turning in to a dried up corpse.

Tami watched as she had many times as the being lost its life. The other beings scampered around, pushing her aside and gathering up the Brujah Enforcer to disappear in the shadows of the night.

It seemed to happen so fast, the skirmish, darkness, the glowing light from the Psionics weapon. Standing there in the darkness, Tami felt her thoughts captured by the leaches last words. Her body felt cold and unfamiliar as she stood there staring at the empty ground where the vampire degraded to torpor.

“What happened?” Casey’s voice seemed like a whisper that was miles away.

“She’s in torpor,” Tami looked down at her hand, flexing the fingers that had held the wooden stake. “I missed her heart.” With that, she turned to look at him forcing a smirk and walked passed him. As she did, she set a hand on his shoulder. “Welcome to my world.”

OFF
Let's get one thing straight... No whiners allowed.
Solaire
Psionics Millennium

Post by Solaire »

ON

Brenda managed to find her way out of the basement and back into the kitchen. Out of habit, she went to the sink and tried the spout. The pipes groaned, squeaked and pumped out black sewage. She was immediately grossed by the stench and sought other venues for water. “Man, what I wouldn’t give right now to have Torque hose me down.”

The goop she had landed in, oozed down her skin and plopped onto the floor. She left tracks as she made her way to the door. Trying to grasp the knob failed from the slime covering her hands. “Screw this,” With one swift straight kick, she knocked the door off its rusted hinges and torn the screen door in half.

Making her way out of the house, she noticed how quiet things were around the barn and the vehicles. She remembered that Torque liked to keep bottles of water in her vehicles. As she rifled through the SUV, she heard the squawk and a clunk on the hood. Retrieving a large water bottle to rinse off her hands and arms she noticed Othello sitting there watching her.

“You know, that’s really creepy.” She emptied the water on her and tossed the bottle back into the SUV. “They’re in trouble aren’t they?”

The bird spread his wings and squawked then took flight again.

Closing the back door, Solaire tromped over to the barn just as some one shouted and chaos broke out. She took a glance down the hole and shook her head. “I’m not going down there until some one puts the lights back on.”

That gave her an idea. She returned to the vehicles and drove each one into the barn, pointing them at the hole. When she had both of them in position, she hit their lights. When the second set went on, she noticed something fly out of the hole. In retrieving it, she immediately dropped it from realizing it was a vampires' head. “Okay, gross!”

Only a few minutes passed when the others started climbing out of the hole. First, Casey climbed out then remained near the entrance and used his telekinesis to lift Barnes out. Brenda stepped to their side taking hold of Barnes’ hand and helping him get a foot hold.

“Where’s Torque?”

“She’s still down there,” Casey said.

That did it for her, with the lights from the cars filling the area; she jumped down to the cellar level. Seeing Torque standing over the demolished altar, she approached cautiously. “Where’s the leach?”

“Torpor, she’ll be back though.”

“Well, with her out of commission, I assume this means case suspended?”

“For now,” Torque faced her, a grim expression shadowing her face.

They stood silently in the chamber; Brenda tried understanding what her friend was experiencing. She could see the conflict in her eyes, the anger against the leaches and resentment for her role in the world. The moments were fleeting and yet the emotions were kept between them. “Let’s go home team, there’ll be another night."

OFF
Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Instructor & Field Agent
Security Level: Psi-1
Osprey
Psionics Millennium

Post by Osprey »

ON

The three friends walked out of the stable, covered by the light from the vehicles. As they appeared, Othello circled above and then settled onto Jamie’s left shoulder. Jamie wondered what their emergence looked like as they left the barn behind and made their way to the vehicles. She could image the imposing site they made, three Psionics frustrated and tired from an endless night breaking away from the scene.

In an instant, Solaire took to the skies vanishing in the night clouds. Jamie watched her, taking stance beside the car and resting a hand on top of the door. She twitched her shoulder just enough, signaling Othello to take flight and the bird obeyed her simple command.

“Are you okay Jamie?”

She turned as James stepped to her side; she glance passed him to Torque as her friend disappeared behind the SUV. When the larger vehicle pulled out with a honk, Jamie turned her attention to James.

“We’re going back to the hotel to clean up then hitting Perkins for some breakfast.”

“Which one,” He dropped his camera pack on to the back sea of his own car. “The one downtown or out on Gordon Drive by the interstate.”

“Downtown,” She took one step and felt his hand rest on her hips as she placed one of hers over his heart. She could feel his heart racing inside him, his pulse running with the adrenalin. “James, get out while you can… This is no life for what we call a normal.”

“Define normal,” He took hold of her wrist and held it to him. “I’ve been chasing paranormal stories since my junior high newspaper.”

“It’s one thing to chase the stories…” She paused shaking her head. “It’s another to get too close and this time…”

“You sound like my mother,” He moved his hands to rest against her neck gently kissing her lips and then whispered. “When something catches my eye, sometimes I just can’t let go.”

She was tempted to express her dislike for the attitude, but she did not want to lecture him. She dug her foot into the dirt from him being so close. “I’m not going to be here by morning; as soon as the plane arrives we leave.”

“I’ve been thinking of transferring,” He rested his forehead against hers. “And I’m thinking now would be a good time to get out of Dodge.”

He started to kiss her again and she felt herself responding when the moment was interrupted by the sounds of police sirens breaking the night. She heard him softly groan as he pulled away. “We better get out of here.”

She dropped onto the passenger seat as he slid over the hood of the car and through the other window. As soon as they were strapped in, he hit the gas and pulled out using the back roads. It wasn’t long before they met with interstate pavement and headed south.

The Alpha Signal case was technically over and like others in the past, it was left unresolved. With the remnants of the scene collected by the Barnes and the Sioux City Police Department and the suspected vampire placed in Torpor, the only option was to report the events and head home. The three agents left the small city believing that they had not seen the last of Dr. Delta Baron-Stonagar.

END
Jamie ' Osprey' Arcturus
Consortium Field Agent
Security: PSI-1

To soar is to know true freedom